How to Put Together A Mannequin Head Stand?
This article is for those who want to know how to put together a mannequin head stand. Of course, you can always go to a store and buy a ready-made mannequin head stand. But where's the fun in that. Plus, when you buy a generic mannequin head stand in a store, then it will not be unique. If you're the creative and crafty type (and even if you're not) you'll surely have fun making your own mannequin head stand. And it's really very easy and the materials you'll need are readily available. You probably have them already in your home.
Mannequin heads are very useful. If you're a store owner, then they are quite indispensable. You can use them to display hats, wigs, hair accessories, and jewelry. Of course, you can sell this stuff without a mannequin head but people will have a hard time visualizing how your products will look on them if they're not placed on a mannequin head. You can say that mannequin heads make products more appealing to customers. You can also use a mannequin head if you're an aspiring hairdresser. All you need to do is to get a wig and put it on the dummy head. Then you can already cut and style the hair.
If you're on a budget, you can just make your own dummy head. Here in this article, you'll learn how to put together a mannequin head stand. And you're probably already familiar with the process. Because the mannequin head you'll learn to do today is made of paper mache and decoupage. When you're a kid, you probably did some paper mache projects already. Yes, it's going to be a simple process and almost anyone can do it. You don't need to have any special talents and you also don't need to be extra creative. But of course, you need to devote some time to it.
Here are the steps on how to put together a mannequin head stand.
1. The first thing that you need is a balloon. You need to blow up the balloon until it becomes as big as a human head. If you're going to use the mannequin head for display or for wig styling then it's important that it is as big as a human head.
2. Then you will also need a base. Without a base, your mannequin head won't be able to stand on its own. You will need a tin can for the base. Then you need to fill up to a third of the can with sand. The can will serve as the neck of the mannequin head. The next thing you need to do is to attach the balloon to the base. To do this, you'll need masking tape. You can also use masking tape to smooth out the bumps.
3. The next thing you need to do is to make your paper mache paste. Here, you'll need to mix 1 part water and 1 part flour. You need the recipe to be thick. But if you feel that the mixture is too thick, you can always dilute it with water so it will be easy to work with.
4. Next, you need to tear a newspaper into 2 x 6-inch strips. Then you can start making your mannequin head by dipping the strips of paper into the flour and water mixture and then sticking them on the balloon. Work with 1 strip at a time until the whole balloon is covered. You also need to cover the can. Allow to dry and then repeat the process three more times.
5. Use larger strips of paper to form the nose and ears and then stick these to the head using masking tape.
6. Next, paint your mannequin head using spray paint. And then with the use of paint and brush, you should draw the details of the face such as the eyes, mouth, nose, etc. You can make it realistic or abstract.
7. Let your mannequin dry.
When it gets dry, you're now ready to use it. If you already have a wig then you can place the wig over it. If you need more than just one mannequin head then all you need do is to repeat the whole process.